State Trends 2013-2014 Legislative Session
- Sep 12, 2014, Campaign for Youth Justice
- The report takes a look at states that have, and are taking steps to remove children from the adult criminal justice system.
State Trends documents the continuation of four trends in justice reform…
Juvenile Defense Attorneys and Family Engagement: Same Team, Different Roles
- Aug 5, 2014, National Juvenile Defender Center
- When a child gets arrested, the entire family is implicated and some family members are even brought into the juvenile court process along with that child.
For families, this can be a difficult and…
Law Enforcement’s Leadership Role in Juvenile Justice Reform: Actionable Recommendations for Practice & Policy
- Jul 31, 2014, International Association of Chiefs of Police
- From the National Summit on Law Enforcement Leadership in Juvenile Justice, which the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) convened with support from the John D. and Catherine T.…
Recommendations to Improve Correctional and Reentry Education for Young People
- Jul 30, 2014, Juvenile Law Center
- On November 19, 2012, the U.S. Department of Education (DoEd) hosted a Summit on Education in Correctional Facilities to address correctional and reentry education for youth and adults. The goal was…
Measuring and Using Juvenile Recidivism Data to Inform Policy, Practice, and Resource Allocation
- Jul 28, 2014, Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Juvenile arrest rates, including for violent crimes, fell by approximately 50 percent from 1997 to 2011, to their lowest level in more than 30 years. In combination with this sharp drop in arrests,…
Core Principles for Reducing Recidivism and Improving Other Outcomes for Youth in the Juvenile Justice System
- Jul 28, 2014, Council of State Governments Justice Center: Elizabeth Seigle
- This white paper is written to guide leaders across all branches of government; juvenile justice system administrators, managers, and front-line staff; and researchers, advocates, and other…
Advances in Juvenile Justice Reform: 2007-2008
- Dec 1, 2008, National Juvenile Justice Network
- Provides an extensive sampling of juvenile justice reforms across the country from 2007-2008. The booklet is organized by topic area and includes a state index of reforms.
Advances in Juvenile Justice Reform: 2006-2007
- Nov 1, 2007, National Juvenile Justice Network
- Provides an extensive sampling of juvenile justice reforms across the country from 2006-2007. The booklet is organized by topic area and includes a state index of reforms.