New Resources on Trauma and Juvenile Justice from the Collaborative for Change
Apr 9, 2015, Staff, Collaborative for Change
WEBSITE: A new Resource Package on this important topic has been added to the Collaborative for Change website. It addresses:
- How psychological trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder affect youth and families
- Why youth in the juvenile justice system are especially at risk for problems with traumatic stress
- What constitutes trauma-informed services within juvenile justice systems
- The benefits and challenges associated with a trauma-informed juvenile justice system
- Critical resources for youth, families, and juveniles
VIDEO: The Collaborative for Change's "In Their Own Words" video features Dr. Julian Ford, Director of the Center for Trauma Recovery and Juvenile Justice at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, discussing how to identify youth who have been exposed to traumatic experiences and what interventions are most appropriate for working with these youth.
WEBINAR: The recently held Essential Elements of a Trauma-Informed Juvenile Justice System webinar is now available on the Collaborative for Change's webinar archive.
View the full text of this article